In the end of the ancient Hindu text Bhagavata-Purana, there is a list of predictions and prophecies about the dark era of the present time “Kali Yuga” which written 5,000 years back by Vedavyasa, are wonderful because they happening now!
1. Religion, honesty, purity, patience, kindness, life span, physical strength, and memory all will weaken day by day due to the powerful influence of “Kali”.
2. In Kali Yuga, wealth only will be considered the sign of a man’s good birth, proper behavior, and fine qualities. Law and Justice will be applied only on the basis of this influence
3. Earth thus becomes crowded with a corrupt people, whoever from any social classes shows himself to be the strongest will get political influence
Srimad Bhagavat 12.2.7
4. A person’s religious statues will be ascertained only on his external signs, and on that basis, people will vary from one spiritual order to another. A person’s politeness will be critically questioned if he doesn’t earn a good income. And who is very clever at juggling the words will be considered a learned scholar.
Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.4
5. A person will be considered unholy if he doesn’t have money, and hypocrisy (falsity) will be accepted as good quality. Marriages will be agreed simply by verbal agreement, and a person will feel vigorous to appear in public just taking a bath.
Srimad Bhagavat 12.2.5
6. A sanctified places will be considered no more than a lake of water located at far distance, and beauty will be thought to be on one’s hairstyle. Filling the tummy will become the objective of life, and one who is brave will be accepted as honest. Who maintain a family will be regard as an expert man, and the ethics of religion will be observed only for the sake of status
Srimad Bhagavat 12.2.6
7. Men and Women will live together only because of external attraction, and success in business will depend on dishonesty. Femaleness and Maleness will be judged according to one’s skill in sex, and a man will be known as a Brahman just by wearing a thread (Janeu)
Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.3
8. Stressed by Shortage of food and excessive taxes, people will have no alternative to eat leaves, roots, flesh, wild honey, fruits, flowers, and seeds. Struck by drought, they will become completely insolvent
Srimad Bhagavat 12.2.9
9. The citizens will suffer by Cold, wind, heat, rain and snow. They will be further suffer by physical or mental problems along with quarrels, hunger, thirst, disease, and severe anxiety
Srimad Bhagavat 12.2.10
10. The maximum period of life will become 50 years for human being in “Kali Yuga”
Srimad Bhagavat 12.2.11
11. People will no longer protect their elderly parents
Srimad Bhagavat 12.3.42
12. In “Kali-Yuga” people will develop hate for each other even for a few coins. Giving up all friendly relations, people will ready to lose their own lives and kill even their own relatives
Srimad Bhagavat 12.3.41
13. Uncultured people will accept charity on behalf of God and will earn their livelihood by making a show of severity and wearing a mendicant’s dress. Those who don’t know anything about religion will accrue a high chair and suppose to speak on religious principles.
Srimad Bhagavat 12.3.38
14. Thieves will control over the Cities, the Vedas will be polluted by tentative interpretations of atheists, political leaders will consume almost all the citizens, the so-called priests and intellectuals will become devotees of their bellies and genitals.
Srimad Bhagavat 12.3.32
15. Servants will discard the masters those lost their wealth, though their master is of good quality person and having excellent character. On other hand masters will abandon debilitated servants, though they are with their family for generations. Cows will be discarded or killed when they stop giving milk
Srimad Bhagavat 12.3.36
A good initiative is required for spreading awareness about rich Indian knowledge and wisdom. Destroyed over centuries and forgotten by current generation Need to restored