Panchak means ‘Five’ (Panch).
Simply “Panchak Yog” means the period when Moon travels through Aquarius and Meen Rashis respectively.
During the “Panchak Yog” period the elements in the universe become unbalanced which causes an imbalance in the family structure.
The Following Five  Nakshtras are known as “Panchak Yog” or “Panchak Kaal”
- Dhanishtha [Last Two Parts]
Prohibited rituals during Panchak Kaal.
According to Ethics in Hindu the person who is born in Dhanishtha Nakshatra of Panchak may be physically handicapped
In some places, the first hald of Dhanishtha Nakshatra is considered inauspicious.
# According to Rishi Garg any auspicious or inauspicious whatever task you perform will be repeated five times if that task is performed during Panchak Kaal.
# Do not resign from the job, Do not begin new business or accept higher position during this “Panchak Kaal”.
# If they are unavoidable then seek an advice from an expert or experienced astrologer for his help to heal Panchak malefic influence.
# According to the sacred textbook the auspicious events like Marriage, Mundan, [Grah Pravesh], Warming up New House, Welcoming new Bride [Nav-Vadhu], Starting new house construction and Upnayan Sanskara are prohibited during “Panchak Yog” or Kaal. [Garuda Puranam Chapter 10, Versesn 28 to 33]
# A person if dies in the Panchaka Kaal does not get a good state [Salvation or Peace of Soual]. If death happens in these “Panchak Yog” is not supposed to be good for the departed and their Lives also.
Panchak Yog Malefic influence
If a death happens during “Panchak Kaal” and a proper Vedic ritual is not performed in the Cremation, then Died person will carry another five (5) members from that family within a period of 24 months.
Vedic ritual to avoid Malefic influence of Panchak Yog
Make 5 mannequins using flour and grass, they should be cremated with the dead body assuming they are live bodies. By this deed, the “Panchak Kaal” will not affect and no family member will die due to “Panchak Yog” evil effect.
Panchak Yog Remedies
And at the time of cremation of dead body if this [Five dolls] ceremony is not done due to lack of awareness or one or other reason the following remedies will be performed with the help of well-known Panditji in your area to overcome or to defeat the “Panchak Yog” evil effects.
The following Rituals are to be performed by family members, after 15 days of the death.
- All the Family members must present in this ceremony.
- Pitru Tarpan Pooja (Shraddha Pooja) needs to be done at the residence with 5 dolls made up of Darbha (Kusha Grass) and White Cotton.
- Prana Prathistapana ritual (Fill up with the life in Dolls) ceremony of these 5 dolls is to be performed.
- After this process these 5 dolls should be buried in sand or mud nearby River and if possible at Sea shore.
- Or perform Rudrabhisheka at home and offer food to Ancestors [Pitru Tarpan].
- This is mandatory rituals one must comply without fail, otherwise Dosha will not be eradicated.
- Nakshatra Shanti pooja of these 5 Nakstras and Navagraha Shanti Pooja should be performed to eradicate the negative effects of this Dosha.
- Perform Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Japa and Homa in the house after the above Pooja’s.
- If a person dies in Poorvabhadrapada, then Teela [Seasome] in brass pot is to be donated as a “Daana”.
- The house, in which death has happened, is to be closed for Six months period which may varies with each Star [Nakshtra]. [Garuda Puranam Chapter 10, Versesn 25 to 27]
The Narayana Bali ritual is to be performed in all cases of abnormal death, which are as follows:
- Death by Fasting
- Death by Animal
- Death by Arson
- By a Curse
- Fall from a Mountain
- Death in robbery’s
- Snake bite,
- Death by Electric Shock
- By any Diseases
For all these people there is neither ritual for cremation, nor tarpana, nor sraddha nor asaucham [Impurity period]. [Garuda Purana 40.13]
Time period for performing Narayan Bali:
This Ritual is to be performed immediately or within a Six months period [Take suggestion from well known Pandit ji from your area].